looking for a part time gas job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon.

I hold my ACS, CCN1, MET1, CKR1 and HTR1. I completed these after attending a Guild of Gas Fitters course at NESCOT college about 18 months ago.

Since then I have been trying to gain some work experience with a reputable, experienced installer. I have had some success at this , although in that time I have yet to see my RGI do more than one TT and never a spillage or flue flow test!!! Having posted about this on here before and people suggested that I find another RGI. I believe that I would benefit from getting a part-time position around my current occupation building experience as I go.

Do any national outfits such as BG, Heat-team etc take on part timers. I realise this is a bit of a long shot. I am trying to do this the right way and not just go out on my own self-employed.

Any thoughts appreciated. All the best Si

Sponsored Links
What sort of work does your RGI do then that he has only done one TT and no FF/spillage tests?

TBH your best bet would be to ring round your local firms and tell them what you want to do although I would be very surprised if they would entertain part-time working. Why do you want part-time work?

Very unlikely that the big boys will entertain part-time working though.

You won't be able to go self-employed until you get your CORGI ticket and, for that, you need the work experience in hours.

Good afternoon.

I hold my ACS, CCN1, MET1, CKR1 and HTR1. I completed these after attending a Guild of Gas Fitters course at NESCOT college about 18 months ago.

Since then I have been trying to gain some work experience with a reputable, experienced installer. I have had some success at this , although in that time I have yet to see my RGI do more than one TT and never a spillage or flue flow test!!! Having posted about this on here before and people suggested that I find another RGI. I believe that I would benefit from getting a part-time position around my current occupation building experience as I go.

Do any national outfits such as BG, Heat-team etc take on part timers. I realise this is a bit of a long shot. I am trying to do this the right way and not just go out on my own self-employed.

Any thoughts appreciated. All the best Si

yea yea and you will find in all the local newspapers and others offering training rograms saying there is a shorage of skilled workers ..............
COMLETE HOG WASH
i have said it befre and i will say it till ima blue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back