Loosing internet but still have local access.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a recurring fault running Vista with a Sky wireless unit connected to an open reach unit with connects to telephone socket.

My computer will connect to all my lan hard drives and other computers on the network but looses the connection to internet.

If I disconnect the computer and then reconnect all works again.

The same fault with second lap top also running Vista and I can have one lap top with internet the other without internet.

I have refrained from calling the two boxes router or switch as I am not sure of what levels the boxes work at the two combined is what I would normally regard as a router.

I can't work out is fault is computer or sky box or open reach box it seems the fault only happens while internet connection is idle my wife is also having problems with Ipad and Iphone with loss of internet but since she does not have the icon like me harder to tell if still has connection with lan.

Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
I haven't got the answer but have the same problem,my provider is BT and I also am using Vista,if connected through wi-fi then not only does my connection drop out but the wifes notepad does as well but if use lan then all seems ok,might it be a vista thing?

Google 'sky router dropping internet connection' and there are literally loads of people suffering loss of Internet either from wifi side or incoming side from phone line.

Google 'sky router dropping internet connection' and there are literally loads of people suffering loss of Internet either from wifi side or incoming side from phone line.
Had problem for ages with Sky , only persistent complaints got them to call out BT who replaced line from post to home, connection fine now and jumped from flaky 1.5mb to stable 6.5mb instantly.

Sponsored Links
Had problem for ages with Sky , only persistent complaints got them to call out BT who replaced line from post to home, connection fine now and jumped from flaky 1.5mb to stable 6.5mb instantly.
Old grey Figure of 8 type?

Possibly, much of the network is ancient and BT will take years to renew, only way to queue jump is complain.

Back