losing channels on Panasonic 50" plasma TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Plasma TV is connected to A panasonic DVD recorder EX83 and for a year has worked perfectly. All of a sudden the recorder would no longer record from the HD ready TV. I discovered that all the channels had dissapeared and so I re-tuned both recorder and TV and all the channels were installed again except the HD channels and the recorder worked OK again. Seeing that the HD channels were not recognised by the TV or the recoder, I retuned both items again and the HD channels appeared again. However one channel which I watch a lot (DAVE channel 19) can not be found. Everytime I try to look at it a message says "invalid channel". Can anyone tell me the difference between a message saying "INVALID CHANNEL" and a message saying "NO SIGNAL" and is there any way I can tune into this station Channel 19> Thanks

Sponsored Links
BIG ALL - The switchover in my area the NE of England does not begin until September 2012. No I can't get chaneel 11 anymore, it displays as an INVALID CHANNEL.

SAM GANGEE- The Pan EX38 is recording from its Internal Tuner.

Thanks Guys for your interest

Sponsored Links
in the months approaching change over down here there was quite a bit off small disruption whether it was prepriotery work or atmospherics who knows

any way i could only ever get dave and pick tv up stairs even on the same ariel

the channels are grouped together so you will tend to loose groups off channels if the signal is weeker

the good news is after switch over the channels will be around 40% more as the signal is boosted quite a lot

i used to get around 65 channels its now 113 is

SAM GANGEE- The TV is fixed to the wall and there is not enough space to put my hand behind the tV to replace leads and plugs as all the TV socketry is at the back of the TV. The leads and plugs making the connection between TV and recorder are top grade and cost me £54, so I don't suspect them. As only one channel is missing It is not worth the expense of having technicians coming in to test leads by taking the TV off the wall. At 85 years old and with arthritise I can't manage it myself. I've noticed that lately the Station Dave on channel 19 has been behaving erratically and going off for period whilst evry other channel has been ok. I also notice that the signal strength of that channel is exceptionally low.

The TV is fixed to the wall and there is not enough space to put my hand behind the tV
That's not good news. There should be a minimum 100mm air gap behind the TV to permit a good airflow for cooling. Your TV won't last long if it's overheating.

Anyway, I was referring to the fly-lead that connects the aerial signal from the wall socket to the Panasonic DVD recorder.

Also worth noting that the aerial drop-lead itself should be good quality double-screened cable, such as WF100. Unfortunately, many builders fit the cheapest cable they can get, and cheapest wall socket, and it causes problems such as "missing channels".

Unfortunately, if you can't hold a screwdriver, then you have no option but to get someone else to check out the wall socket and cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back