LOST TOOLS

• Thread starter Deleted member 105431
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 105431

I always seem to be leaving tools on jobs never for the customer to ring and let me know, this must have cost me thousands over the last 10 years.

Any good advice on how to stop this?

Sponsored Links
Toolbags with specific slots for tools help me with this.

After a few weeks of using one you know exactly what is supposed to be in each compartment so when packing up at the end of a job its easy to spot anything you may be missing.

This is the kind of thing I use for hand tools.

Disinfo, is that a CK special you got there? Was looking into one of them. Also do I spot a Fatmax 18" tool bag? I wanted one of them too lol In the end I bought a really nice tote made by wait for it...B&D Workmate its about 30" in length and now every tool is so easy to get to! :cool:

Sponsored Links
Disinfo, is that a CK special you got there? Was looking into one of them. Also do I spot a Fatmax 18" tool bag? I wanted one of them too lol In the end I bought a really nice tote made by wait for it...B&D Workmate its about 30" in length and now every tool is so easy to get to! :cool:

Aye, correct on both counts.

I can't fault the CK for the cost of it (about £23 at the time of purchasing)

The stanley bag is nice too, altough I only use it for test meters and a couple of basic hand tools.

Huh!
I had a tradesman come to sort my kitchen out and HE left with some of MY tools.
It was only after, when i was looking for them that i thought "cheeky bleeder!". They were only small things like a hacksaw, drivers etc, and i coudn't really prove he'd nabbed em so i just let it go.

some great advice, thanks.

The veto looks quality but at a price. . . . .

I serviced a boiler today and the last man had left nice pair of bahco's in the combustion chamber, thanks very much. :LOL:

I serviced a boiler today and the last man had left nice pair of bahco's in the combustion chamber, thanks very much. :LOL:

If that was in Pickering they are mine!

Send them to me anyway if you like to restore the balance.

If that was in Pickering they are mine!

Send them to me anyway if you like to restore the balance.

Hello Paul, hope you are on the mend mate. Sadly the bahco's fit in one of the spare pockets in my toolbag as if they were taylor made so you'll have to wait for your own visit from the tool fairy.

I got lucky with the Fatmax local Focus were doing them at 14.99 in the new year see there back up to 31.99 now tis a very nice tool bag.

Get one of these beasts,

http://www.vetopropac.com/

Available in the UK from

http://www.tool-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Toolbags_that_work.html

Not cheap but neither is losing tools.

took the words out my mouth.

the veto's are pricey circa £100 but are probably the best toolboxs out there. Slots for everything so you can glance at it and see your tools are all present, and pretty tough- I've had mine for about 3 years which is a record.

Another cheaper option is an engineers style case, I've used these sucessfully (untill they fall apart)

Sponsored Links
Back