Loud Vibration from new well pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a 120 foot well dug and a 1-1/2 hp pump installed. There is a very loud vibration coming from the pressure tank/regulator unit. It vibrates through the entire house. Contractor came over once, lowered the pump 10 feet and added another 'shock collar'. It seemed better, but is getting worse again. How do I know if it's the motor or just my copper pipes vibrating? Are there ways to dampen vibration in the piping, particularly close to the pressure tank?

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
can you not call the contractor back?
Yes, but he's saying what I'm hearing is "normal". I am checking with my new neighbors to see how theirs sound to compare. I never had this type of well before and can't believe I have to put up with this kind of noise.
The well contractor came with the lot, I had no choice, and he does not have a very good reputation for service, so I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row before I call him again.

Sponsored Links
I would be surprised if you could hear anything more than a hum, and faint at that. If there is anymore vibration than this it indicates something must be wearing out. I know nothing about well pumps, this is just basic engineering. Give the pump manufacturer a call, they don't like their products performing badly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back