Low hot water pressure in flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 2 bed flat where the hot water comes from a cylinder heated by electric immersion coils. The hot water pressure in the taps is too low. Is it possible to rectify it? I consulted many plumbers, but each one is offering different advice like Pressure pump,shower pump, electric shower etc. If this cannot be repaired or rectified can somone advise me on what type of hot water system I should install in order to get a good pressure. Who should I contact to install the system? Thanking you for your opinion.

Sponsored Links
What do you need higher pressure for? a shower? there are a number of solutions as with everything, in addition to those mentioned the water tank feeding the emersion tank could be raised as this governs the pressure from taps.
All depends on the budget as all the solutions vary in cost and effectiveness.

Ditto Foxhole to some extent...if you have a gas supply you could always have a combi boiler, or if not you could have a direct unvented hot water cylinder, assuming your mains is up to the job in both cases. You most likely have a Fortic cylinder in which case pumping it really isn't a good idea, as you'll run out of water in no time at all.

Either way you should contact a reputable local plumber with the correct qualifications to install the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back