Low Loss Header

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to have a low loss header custom made, can anyone tell me where or who makes these to order?

Sponsored Links
Depends where you are and what you want.

most engineering works will knock one up for you though.

Sponsored Links
Looks like a lot of steel just to pipe up a couple of small looking boilers. :(

Would less not suffice and still do the job ?

Sider said:
Looks like a lot of steel just to pipe up a couple of small looking boilers. :(

Would less not suffice and still do the job ?

Them small looking boilers total 130 KW :rolleyes:

And no it wouldn't.

Nice work .......small job for you D.I A..?

Anyone out there good at low loss header designs? We often need to use them, and use off the shelf stuff mainly, such as Viessmann.

Doitall Wrote

And no it wouldn't.

WHY. ?

Whats that big vertical tube in the corner ??
. Still looks like a waste of good steel and its scarce enough as it is what with China using up all the supplies and what have you.

Simond Wrote

Anyone out there good at low loss header designs? We often need to use them, and use off the shelf stuff mainly, such as Viessmann.

I guess I could botch you one up. I have done some metal fabricating before. It looks easy looking at Doitalls photograph.
Just weld stop ends on a big pipe and a few stubs.
Why would you want to purchase such a device from Viessmann anyway.
Sounds expensive.
But then you are experienced with providing expensive solutions to your customers. :LOL:

Now your just showing off . :D

What type of insulation is that on the pipes in the second photograph.?

doitall said:

DIA, Outstanding pipework, carp design.

Given our recent disagreement elsewhere, you'll probably think I'm just trying to score points. I don't think you'll take heed of anything I might have to say. I will only refer you to CIBSE Guide H, section 5.4.3 and figure 5.23. The differences are subtle, but critical. If you realised how bad that was, you wouldn't have posted it.

simond said:

Nothing to design. The whole point is that there's "negligible pressure difference (<500Pa) between the connection points of the secondary circuits". You can fabricate them from copper tube, or a good pipe fitter can fabricate bigger ones from steel pipes. The Dunsley neutraliser is one example. 500 Pa is excessive for small stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back