United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope someone can help with this:

What we have:

- Triton Opal electric shower 9.5kW
- Fed from mains cold water
- About 1 year old

The problem:

- Was working fine (would be wouldn't it :oops: )
- In the last week worked fine and then after about 5mins, it would just stop (water flow) and the low pressure light would come on.
- Now no water will flow at all, when its turned on and you press one of the buttons (1,2 or 3) it flicks straight away to light up "low pressure".
- Had a bit of a look inside and cannot see anything instantly wrong. From feeling the outside casing the heating element seems to be trying (i.e. gets warm) but the auto shut off to stop it from damaging its self kicks in. I assume because of no / too low flow.

I can only think that maybe the inlet filter is blocked (still to look at) or the solenoid valve assy is broken (ie. not letting water in when it should). Or its something else.

Does anyone have any ideas? doyou think the filter is the best place to start? I have search this forum as best as i can and found similar issues, (thats where I found out about the filter - checked instructions and it does have one)

Any ideas / suggestions would be great. Any other info needed that i can supply?

cheers

cdjockey
:)

Sponsored Links
i Will try looking at and claning the filter today.

Although i will also take a closer look at the solenoid...

cdjockey

Sponsored Links
Filter is clear, water supply is fine.

I have done a test on solenoid and cannot get it to work so think it is the problem.

Have ordered a new one (£30!) so will see how that goes....

If it doesn't work, I will bin it and get a decent one..

cdjockey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back