Low water flow to shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a bit of advice. We have had a salamander RSP100 pump supplying water to two showers for the past 7 years.

In January we had to have the pump replaced with like for like as it was leaking. Over the last moth or so the pump has not always been kicking in when we turn the shower furthest away from the pump on.

Salamander have asked me to test the flow rate and it turned out to be very low (1.5 litres a minute on one shower and even less on the one causing us the problems). So they are saying it's not the pump (which is still under warranty) but the flow which has somehow reduced.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing the reduced flow (it's not the shower head as the flow is low without the head on).

I know I can get a different pump that works on lower flow but it would seem wise for me to work out what is causing the problem first before investing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back