Lukewarm mixer shower. Help!

EB0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Trevi mixer shower (thermostatic, I think) fed by hot and cold pipes from a combi in the loft. The trouble is that while the water from the sink taps (and the hot pipe running to the shower) is scalding, the stuff from the shower head is barely above tepid. The lower the flow from the shower, the colder the water. On max flow it's best, just not great. The hot water in the place has a weak flow generally while the cold is like Niagara falls. (I tried changing this by twisting some taps attached to the pipes in the loft but nothing seemed to have any effect. I'm not entirely sure I found the right pipes, if I'm honest, and anyway I was scared something would start creaking and blow up!)

Anyway, should I be able to change the mix on the shower? There are two small brass screws above each pipe, either side of the flow control knob (see pic). Will turning them change the flow? I would have already tried but the flow knob obscures the screws and there's no obvious way of removing it.

I would be incredibly grateful for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Update: I worked out I use use my fingernail to pick the "hub cap" off the flow control knob, and there's a screw underneath. Am I safe to take the knob off to try to adjust the mix? I don't want to do the wrong thing and have water spraying everywhere!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back