Lukewarm radiator..roasting feed pipe but cold return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at my wits end with this one.

The newest radiator in my house is a mid sized double rad, downstairs in the living room.

When my Vokera 28 boiler central heating temperature is set mid-way (or 'Auto' as it states) all my rads are nice and warm except my living room one.

The feed pipe, which has the lockshield valve (fully opened) is roasting but the heat is not transferring fully to the rad. The top gets, at best, lukewarm and the bottom stays cold.

The return pipe, which has a trv fitted on it (fully functional, pin ok and flow indicator set in the right direction).

When I turn the temperature to maximum at my boiler, the rad does heat up a good deal more but it is only at the top. The return pipe remains as cold.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blockage around the valve area.
Why not bleed the radiator with one of the valves open and one closed.
Then repeat after closing open valve and opening closed valve.
If in one of the above situations bleeding can't take place, it proves you have blockage and indicates which pipe is blocked.
Or remove radiator and run bucketful of water from each valve to check flow and remove any 'air lock' that may be preventing flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back