M20 brass lamp holder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if you can get a brass lamp holder, lamp type not essential, which takes a M20 female thread into the top of it? I think the standard is some 1/2 inch imperial fitting. Or is there a convertor available? Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
I got one through the electric centre recently. Brass plated though, not proper brass.

I got one through the electric centre recently. Brass plated though, not proper brass.

Not worried if it is plated. Did you need some kind of adapter to get it to M20, or was it standard M20 fitting?

PBoD link is good lots of stuff, but cant see anything M20?

Sponsored Links
It was a 20 mm thread in the bottom. I fitted it to a threaded nipple and then into a galv through box, this being fitted to the base of an antique lantern hanging from a lamp post.

I got the part number on line somewhere, and oddly, Electric Center had some in another branch. Will see if I can find part number.

http://www.bltdirect.com/b22-brass-bayonet-unswitched-lampholder-m20-x-1-5-pitch-thread-entry

Thanks! Doesn't look like m20 but could be just a wrong picture.

Lectrician, thanks I'd still be interested in part numbers if you find them.

It does look more like a 1/4 inch flavoured one :confused:

Maybe check with the suppliers first.

Lilley do two types for each, the part above is a plain holder, if you want one with a thread and a shade ring to fit a lampshade you use a different but similar part number

I gave that part number to Electric Center, it went in on their system, and a branch had several.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back