Macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have just fitted a macerator, (only fitted one before a few years back), we have run the pipework as per MIs. But when we flush the toilet it pumps it into the bath which is connected to the other outlet. The bath doesn't drain either.
Am I being stupid as as far as I see it chews up solid and the gets pumped, on the bath side it should be flapped to stop the waste going up the bath waste pipe.
Can anyone shed any light.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a waste pipe from the bath problem, blockage down stream from where you've teed in for the macerator

The bath has a trapand is into the left hand side of the macerator as per instruction, toilet is as usual, when we flush the toilet it just pumps it into the bath so confused. its a sani pro xp, he macerator pipework is 22mm then 32mm no tees etc all the way to the soil stack.
cheers

sounds like the pressure of the macerator outlet is pushing the bath trap water up into the bath. Does the soil vent to outside or does it have a durgo (auto air vent)?

Sponsored Links
hi
thanks
it vents to outside, it is a run under the floor of 32mm falling about 7 metres then outside into the soil stack, the soil stac is open air above the roofline.
cheers

So the macerator outlet is 22mm into 32mm waste the goes directly into the vertical soil stack?

Quick fix would be changing the bath trap to a HepVo trap but I suspect that would cause other problems. Without seeing the soil and waste pope work it's difficult to give a deffinitive answer

cheers
yes pipework is 22mm (0.5 metre) then into 32mm (7metres)gradual fall to vertical soil stack outside, soil is vented to open air above roofline. don t have pics and pipework is below tiled floor.
If I hold bath plug down it pumps out into soil stack.
thanks

that's what I thought but don't fit these often, in fact normally won#t go near them.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back