Made To Measure UPVC Doors & Frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace a [rotting] wooden door to an outbuilding to my homes, and was looking to fit a low [or preferably no!] maintainance UPVC door.

The problem I have is that the door is an unusual size - 69in [1.75m] x 29.5in [0.75m], and so the door would have to be made to size.

As the door is only for an outbuilding, I only need a fairly plain and basic door [but still with reasonable degree of security fitted], like a domestic back door would fit the bill.

Would anyone know of anyone who manufactures 'made to measure' basic utility UPVC doors [or maybe manufactures and installs] in the Sheffield Rotherham area at a reasonable price.

Alternatively, I would consider replacing the existing door with another good quality wooden door, assuming that I could get one that is the right size, either off the peg, or made to measure, if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am looking to replace a [rotting] wooden door to an outbuilding to my homes, and was looking to fit a low [or preferably no!] maintainance UPVC door.

The problem I have is that the door is an unusual size - 69in [1.75m] x 29.5in [0.75m], and so the door would have to be made to size.

As the door is only for an outbuilding, I only need a fairly plain and basic door [but still with reasonable degree of security fitted], like a domestic back door would fit the bill.

Would anyone know of anyone who manufactures 'made to measure' basic utility UPVC doors [or maybe manufactures and installs] in the Sheffield Rotherham area at a reasonable price.

Alternatively, I would consider replacing the existing door with another good quality wooden door, assuming that I could get one that is the right size, either off the peg, or made to measure, if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Youre in luck Frank...

Another Sheffielder who has fitted a fair few custom sized UPVC doors and windows ;)

I would highly recommend you go to Seal Supplies in SHeffield.
Just off Queens road by the ice rink

address: Seal Supplies Direct
Unit 4 Sheaf Gardens Industrial Estate, Sheaf Gardens
Sheffield
S2 4BB
telephone:
0114-279 8009

Ive bought quite a few windows and doors through them and they are excellent quality and a fair price.

You Will pay more for a custom door than a standard size from B and Q though...

go to any pvcu window manufacturer and there is no such thing as a standard size door every thing is taylor made.we make any size within manufacturing tolerances.

go to any pvcu window manufacturer and there is no such thing as a standard size door every thing is taylor made.we make any size within manufacturing tolerances.

Everything is standard at large retailers like B & Q and Wickes....

Glad to be of help Frank 56 :rolleyes:
Wasted 2 minutes of my life on that reply.

Though Im immortal so its ok ;) :evil:

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your posts and1c and wms - I am currently following your suggestions up.

Frank56

One of a few I found from a Google search:-

http://www.u-fit.co.uk

I have in the past run through the pricing page and they do seem to be very competitive, but I have yet to find any opinions from people that have used them about quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back