Mag Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having to replace a radiator valve due to a leak, so having to drain the system while I do the repair.
First off I have heard that closing off the other rads will mean I don't have to drain the system as much, good idea?

Now the main question is about the MAG filter, we have this one attached:
41DgWT7+pdL._AC_UL320_SR308,320_.jpg

I have never touched one of these before, so no idea what to do with it.
Do these need cleaning now and then? If so, tips?

Just wondering if its worth doing that while I'm working on the system anyway?

Sponsored Links
Yes i would say its worth while, attach a hose to flush it out once a year, install on return pipe before boiler, instructions are supplied with it

Pop a bucket or similar under the filter if possible. Remove the screw cap which is used to turn the isolation point at bottom of filter, remove the magnet (black plastic) and open the valve catching water in the bucket or hose if you are draining system via this.

Sponsored Links
I'm having to replace a radiator valve due to a leak, so having to drain the system while I do the repair.
First off I have heard that closing off the other rads will mean I don't have to drain the system as much, good idea?

Now the main question is about the MAG filter, we have this one attached:
View attachment 102683

I have never touched one of these before, so no idea what to do with it.
Do these need cleaning now and then? If so, tips?

Just wondering if its worth doing that while I'm working on the system anyway?
A good service engineer will clean it as part of your annual boiler service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back