Magna Clean Valves Arrrrrrrgh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cleaned out a magnaclean today, turned back on the valves and guess what? Yes they leaked. Rang Adley, they could send me a new pair for £14 but no suppliers stock them. Great. Managed to do a temp fix by wrapping ptfe around the spindle then tightening up the handle screw. Are these the screw type pump valves of the 21st century I ask myself.

Sponsored Links
Cleaned out a magnaclean today, turned back on the valves and guess what? Yes they leaked. Rang Adley, they could send me a new pair for £14 but no suppliers stock them. Great. Managed to do a temp fix by wrapping ptfe around the spindle then tightening up the handle screw. Are these the screw type pump valves of the 21st century I ask myself.

Happens all the time, that's why I think the spirovent magnabooster is a better product.

Spoke to a rep from Magnalean at a BG Event, he assured me that they would not fail. I suggested that if that was the case they should be making pump valves!!! He claimed that the magnet would draw the sludge away from the valve and this was why it would not fail

They are hopeless. I don't touch the valves if I can help it. I stick a bucket under it bung the system and then wind out the magnet and replace it with a spare clean one quickly. If your organised this can be done without spillage.

We have fitted a lot and now attend to many leaks. We have also upgraded ones of a certain serial no. due to a fault.

Good bit of kit, let down by the valves

Magna Clean provide 4 spare O rings with every filter, did you ask the customer if they were left with them when it was fitted.

Sponsored Links
Magna clean is approx 2 years old. Customer had spanner and paperwork but no o rings. Didn't know they came with any. Is this a recent thing?

Yeah its fairly recent.

I have lots of the red handled valves leak but none of the black ones so far.

However, we stick Lever valves either side anyway just to be sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back