magnetic door contact alarm wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Have recently had new uPVC front and back door. I now have the sensors from my house alarm hanging loose (which my 2 year old won't leave alone!!). I have purchased magnetic door contacts but need to know how to wire them.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Is it a silly question to ask how the old ones are connected?

Hi,
No, it's an obvious question!!
The old ones were built into the door, which was wooden. My new door is uPVC so apparently I needed different sensors. Nothing seems obvious or labelled.
Just had another thought, when I do change the sensors, will I set the alarm off!!??

Sponsored Links
It may be worth looking inside your alarm box as sometimes each cable will be labelled!! Write down how that end is connected and tranfer this info to your new sensor (i.e. cable colour to which connection n/o or n/c for example)!! ;)

the answer depends on

what contact you have now (some come pre wired)

what colours old alarm co used

best suggestion take another one off and look or if old one is still connected look at that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back