Main Combi Eco Elite & Nest Heat Link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I'm just getting ready for a bit of Sunday DIY but thought I would quickly check the wiring. This forum has been brilliant in getting me up to speed, but nothing wrong with a little confirmation from my peers!

So... I think I've established that I can replace the Integral Timer in my boiler with the Nest Heat Link. But just want to check the wiring so I don't blow the Heat Link!

See attached the two pages from the installation guide and a photo of the back of the Integral Timer that I shot yesterday.

Any advice on which wire goes where for confirmation would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Sponsored Links
Run a 5 core flex from the terminal block to the nest:
Boiler Nest
L-Brown-L
N-Blue-N
Earth-green/yellow-seperate connector block tucked out of the way.
Bk1-Black-2
BK2-Grey-3
You don't show where the existing timer is wired from if it is back to the terminal blocks show in fig56-57, it needs to be disconnected from there, if the wiring is internal the clock needs to be set to always on.
You don't say if there is an existing room thermostat wired to the boiler, if there is, this cable also needs to be fully disconnected from the boiler.
If the new stat is going in place of an old one, you can connect the old cable to t1+t2 at the heat link, and the same at the stat to power it.

Thanks for the quick reply Echo.

Good point. I'll take some additional photos tonight of the inner side of the board and double check the routing to the existing timer. (see attached for the only other photo I snapped)

I currently have no existing thermostat and the boiler is standalone in terms of cables running into it, just one for power.

Anyway... Will take a proper look tonight.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_3384.JPG
    IMG_3384.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 860
Run a 5 core flex from the terminal block to the nest:
Boiler Nest
L-Brown-L
N-Blue-N
Earth-green/yellow-seperate connector block tucked out of the way.
Bk1-Black-2
BK2-Grey-3
You don't show where the existing timer is wired from if it is back to the terminal blocks show in fig56-57, it needs to be disconnected from there, if the wiring is internal the clock needs to be set to always on.
You don't say if there is an existing room thermostat wired to the boiler, if there is, this cable also needs to be fully disconnected from the boiler.
If the new stat is going in place of an old one, you can connect the old cable to t1+t2 at the heat link, and the same at the stat to power it.

Thanks so much Echo! Followed your guidance to the letter. The job took 20 mins from start to finish and all fired up on the first time. simple job.

For others finding this post at a later date, note I did not go through the integrated timer (now just set to ON) as it was wired onto the boilers circuit board.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back