Making good screw holes in plasterboards walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to make good any damage caused by the removal of fixtures and fittings when I vavate my property.

My walls are plasterboard painted with magnolia emulsion paint.

I will have a few holes to make good when I remove the screws that I had to put into the plasterboard for things like pictures and mirrors.

What is the easiest and most effective way to repair the screw holes, bearing in mind that they would need to end up being magnolia in colour when they are repaired?

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have not that many holes ... just buy a tube of polyfilla or similar ... then get a test pot of magnolia as it goes a long way, rather than buying a load of the stuff. Fill holes .. rub down when dry and paint over. You could do a thinned down coat for the first covering if you wish. Try using a washing up sponge (green scourer on the back) to paint it on with, which helps it to blend in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back