Manager Code - Euro 46 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - long time lurker, but was looking for some advice about my alarm.

I had an alarm installed by SPE alarms (now SPY alarms) about two years ago (not monitored). I did have a service contract with them, but had a bit of a falling out when they refused to change a faulty keypad (sticky keys) within warranty.

I'm now in a position where I need to move a keypad (decorating). I've done this before on an alarm I had in my previous property - where I had the installer code. I don't have the code for this alarm and was a bit worried about causing problems and having to go back to SPY and eat my words about never dealing with them again! The alarm is a Euro 46 with 2 TAG keypads - does anyone know if there would be a 'standard' managers code for this alarm, or one specific to the actual installers?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
No you should have the managers code , not the install company they will have a engineer code , the default for this panel is 2222.... This should have been the first thing that you changed . Press D and your 4 digit code what option do you get ?

Has long as your control panel is not on engineer reset you should be able to remove keypad for decorating and reset with customer
If you need engineer code you would either ask installer to reset engineer code for a fee or try to default control panel and reprogram system if system not locked,

No you should have the managers code , not the install company they will have a engineer code , the default for this panel is 2222.... This should have been the first thing that you changed . Press D and your 4 digit code what option do you get ?
Hi - when I pres D and my user code I get access to the settings menu. When I get to the Managers code reset, it shows a field with stars. when I press yes to change it and enter a new number, the A B C D keys all light up red.

Sponsored Links
Has long as your control panel is not on engineer reset you should be able to remove keypad for decorating and reset with customer
If you need engineer code you would either ask installer to reset engineer code for a fee or try to default control panel and reprogram system if system not locked,
I'm OK not knowing the code, but thought I might need it, as I will need to temporarily remove the keypad from the wall when decorating. If I can silence the alarm using my everyday user code, that's great, but I didn't want to get to that point and find I needed a managers code to silence the alarm.

If you can get to change the manager code , your code is the manager code
When I get to the manager code, it is 6 stars, but my user code is 4 digits. Does the 6 stars mean the manager code has 6 digits? If it is, I don't think if it is anything we set.

I can be ....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 319
Thank you for your patience! I am going to run through the menu again - it just threw me that it showed 6 stars- I thought this meant the current code was 6 digits.

If when I remove the keypad from the wall, the siren sounds, should it just be the case of entering my code into the keypad (like when I arm the alarm) to silence it.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back