Masonry cleaning - product advice wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me choose a product/method please,

Basically the brick/mortar gable end of my house is very stained - particularly where an overflow was dripping down the wall for months before I moved in - there is a lot of green limescale or mildew & a 'white' substance - this is covering a lot of the wall, it basically looks awful.

Can anyone recommend an good cleaner to get rid of this & being the brickwork back to life? - the access isn't great, as there is a conservatory extension below, so preferably something that could be applied using a jetwash with the product in the detergent bottle?.

Failing that, an extendable/telescopic cleaning brush should suffice

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Could you post a picture?

I'd suggest you let the offending wall have a few months of sun pre any action, to help it dry out.

Have you extended the overflow yet?

Is there any internal damp in the area of the staining?

Sounds like a mixture of salting and excessive damp allowing moss, or mildew to start up. Bleach soak, scrub with a floor brush and a gentle wash down should sort it.
Or patio cleaner might be a better all in one fix.

It would still be better to post a picture of the area and the access issues.

Yes I can post a picture.

The overflow has now been sorted - no longer dripping on continuous basis & has a longer pipe on.

I've been reading a Bleach soloution works well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back