1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Max Length for toilet and bathroom waste pipes?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by chelseablue1979, 29 Aug 2010.

1. chelseablue1979

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Please help. We are currently looking at a project to convert our existing bathroom into a bedroom, with a new bathroom being created on the opposite side of the property.

We have significant issues with installing a new soil stack and considering running bath/toilet/ sink waste pipe on the outside wall of the property down to the existing soil stack as this will enable us to achieve the required fall for a soil waste pipe with a total length of approx 7m. Looking at the building regs part H it appears a max length of 6m exists for branch connections, but the document also makes reference to exceeding this distance if the pipe itself is ventilated? I am assuming this is in addition to normal soil stack ventilation?

Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation if so any advice would be gratefully received.

2. seco services

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    extend waste by adding air admittance valves to the pipework.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. chelseablue1979

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply. Soryr to be cheeky but do you also know if I will need to involve building control/regs if I am not installing a new soil stack and merely plumbing in to the exisiting stack?

4. seco services

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    yes your changing the room.

• Thanks Thanks x 1