max3 prox reader location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have got a a galaxy g2-44 and max3 prox reader

can someone tell me if prox readers in general are ok to locate outside entrance of property before entering
so arming and disarming done from outside..

Is this perfectly normal maybe recommended route?
any reason not to do this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The Galaxy MAX is weatherproof and can be located externally. It really depends on the location and how vulnerable the reader would be to vandalism. The cover is tampered, but that still doesn't stop someone damaging the reader.

The normal way to install is to have an entry delay on the final exit door and disarm via the keypad/reader on the internal entry route. If you want to set at night, then an external reader will not help.

was still thinking of using regular rkp alarm keypad for setting at night, located in cupboard under stairs, just wanted to fit max3reader additionally for ease of use to arm / disarm system throughout the day.

missus never sets alarm via rkp, age old problem, they never listen.....
was thinking proximity set up externally would be ideal , only a swipe to arm/ disarm

any thoughts?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, sounds fine. You do need to hold the tag for a few seconds to set though. It's not just a quick swipe past.

Everyone in my house have always set when leaving or heading to bed. They get nagged at if they ever forget it. I get set/unset SMS via IP based self monitoring too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back