McAlpine 110mm Flexi BTW Pan Connector WC-F21R - should I use Plumbers mate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a McAlpine 110mm Flexi BTW Pan Connector WC-F21R - the one with the jubilee clip on the spigot end. I wanted to know peoples installation experience and whether one should use a good dollop of plumbers mate on the inside of the sleeve prior to tightening the jubilee clip. I guess I am a little worried the rubber seal may kink a bit as my spigot is on the lower end of the specs (around 90mm) and the diameter of the rubber seal is 100mm. I know the Jubilee clip will tighten it but the rubber must pukker if being squeezed to 90mm.

Anyone fitted these with some tips?

Cheers,
Paul

Sponsored Links
Great use of the word "pukker" (y)

If it's within the MIs and does not leak when tested then why worry?

Sponsored Links
Hmmmm... oh no.... not starting the flexi debate again are we .... :p

Paul, as far as I am concerned they can be excellent fittings when used correctly, especially where it's back to the wall. Fitted a few with no complaintos. Nothing needed on the join. If your spigot is on the narrow side, as long as the jubilee clip tightens snugly around it, the seal will be fine. Just make sure the inlet end of the waste/stack is nice and clean and dry, connector pushed in nice and snugly and the connector isn't under any strain or kinked and it will be fine.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Fitting a shed load of back to wall pans at the moment .....not one of em uses a flexi....easy when you know how..:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
lol...of course, never use a flexi where you have a nice sturdy, clean, new and perfectly positioned soil pipe to push the pan with a rigid connector back onto (y)

On no account should you use plumbers mait
You could have stopped there. In 11 years in the trade, I've never found a good use for it. I've got a pot somewhere, I think :-S probably sitting in the back of my garage along with a half-used roll of PTFE...

Thanks everyone. No plumbers mate it is then. I wanted to wait a day or so to let all the inevitable debates about flexi or not to flexi to die down :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back