Megaflow Cylinder leaking from the bottom help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jus returned from holiday to find out megaflow has leaked through to the kitchen, upon further inspection in must have been leaking for some time but we never noticed, a very slow drip, although all quite wet now, it's ruined the ceiling.
It's not dripping from any pipes but around the foam at the bottom around where the bottom drain inlet pipe is. I don't think anything to do with this pip it seems as if the cylinder is leaking and it's coming down inside the jacket. all other connections look good.
I'm redoing the air gap now hoping that might cure it but any other suggestions ? is it time to give Sadie a call? or other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Check what length of warranty your particular cylinder has and take it from there. If out of time then a tank repair is unlikely and a replacement cylinder will be required. Some have quite long warranties.

Check inside the grey cover, Probally bottom immersion leaking

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I'll have to look the exact model up as the website says some have 25 years!
I can't really see under any cover it's a hard white plastic shell enclosing the tank, but repress uprising the system seems to have halted the flow for now, it's still damp so will see if it dries out, the beam underneath it is soaking wet, looks like kitchen ceiling is gona have to come down :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back