Megaflow Pressure reducing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice gratefully received - regarding my PRV which is leaking from the join in the black plastic part of the cartridge. I can replace the cartridge easily (I think) at a cost of about £60 (pt no 95605824). But I can get a complete replacement for the full valve combination (PVR and expansion relief valves - part 95605817) for about £110.

Thus for an extra £50 is it adviseable to do this (replace the lot), given the system must be between 10 and 15 years old.

Also while I am here, can anyone suggest why there is an occasional gurgling (lasting only a few few seconds) from somewhere within the cylinder.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its probably better to replace the whole valve.

However, work like that on an unvented should be carried out by someone with the relevant G3 qualification.

Gurgling is difficult to imagine but its possible the air bubble is not correctly formed. You can reform that yourself as described on the cylinder or their web site.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back