Megaflow Running Costs

But the clever people limit the shower head rate to 10 li/min so the showering cost is back to that of a combi.

But while one person is showering with the cylinder another can be doing washing up!

Typically hot water cost is about 15% of the annual gas bill. Less with some solar power!

Tony

Sponsored Links
But the clever people limit the shower head rate to 10 li/min so the showering cost is back to that of a combi.
I may be wrong, but I thought there was an EU Directive limiting showers to 10 litres/min.

Edit: Just found a document - it was "work in progress" in 2011 so, knowing the speed the EU crawls along at, it may not be a current requirement; but it will be soon!

I seem to recall the US created a Federal Law that restricted shower heads to 2 galls/min so shower manufaacturers made twin and triple head showers! Body multi spray shows need flow.

Sponsored Links
If you are going to shower with 10 litres you may as well buy a electric shower which we all know are pants
A Combi is fine in single bathroom situation but can not compare to decent system setup with an unvented. Cylinder .you work hard for the luxuries and having a decent shower is one of those ,why would you restrict that down to ten litres
We live on an island with huge rainfall and plenty of water if they sorted out the leaks in our underground pipework we would not need directives to rule every part of our life
NO I will not be putting restricaters into my shower ,after a hard days work I look forward to decent shower not some piddly thing which will just do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back