Metabo or Rage 3 Mitre saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking for some opinions. Looking at purchasing either

Metabo KGS216 M - http://www.toolstop.co.uk/metabo-kgs216m-laser-slide-compound-mitre-saw-240v-p14637

or

Evolution RAGE3 FP2552 - http://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution-rage3-fp2552-255mm-compound-mitre-saw-230v/26612

Forgetting the obvious difference in blade size between the two, I am comparing these two as they are close in price. I will be using it firstly for laying a lot of laminate flooring and for putting alot of skirting in 3 bed house. After that, future plans are to build a fence and possibly do some decking further down the line.

I was going to go with Metabo but wasn't sure about going for the KGS254. Then I saw the evo, which is 255mm blade and I am now unsure! I could get the Metabo KGS254 but it is pushing the budget alot. Is it worth it? I also noticed the Metabo comes with 40 tooth blade where as the evo is a 26 tooth blade. A precise cut is I would say important for doing skirting to get great finish, So right now I am swinging with the Metabo range.

Does anyone have experience with either models and can give some honest feedback?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
do not choose the tool because off the blade you buy a further 2 blades and swap for the job in hand
more teeth slower but cleaner the cut
metabo trade tool evo rage diy light trade

Thanks for response. Based on my use, you think rage is a better buy as it is for my own DIY projects and I am not a tradesman?

Sponsored Links
I've got one of those evo rage saws. I don't think it's ever done a properly square cut in its life.

I use it for cutting steel, mainly unistrut and scaffolding which it's fine for as the cuts don't need to be bob on and considering the price I really can't complain.

I have a rexon saw for timber which is brilliant.

I have the evolution (EVOSAW355) 355mm steel (dry) cutting chop saw.
Its a cheapish saw (chinese afaik) and at £330 quid it cuts quite accurately I find.
So far the crappy vice knob has broken and the guard linkages have fallen apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back