Meteor shower tonight

Sponsored Links
If you have clear skies, look to the East about 60 degrees up.
2am onwards Sunday, is the best time if you are up for it.......... :)

Strewth that was cold out there. I went out about one oclock, the forecast was for the major part to be after two. I saw several, then prepared myself with multiple layers of clothing, snood, wooly hat, chair and cushion.

Why do they always do these at night?

Anyway, over the next hour and a half got about forty positive sightings and only about three were what I'd call exceptional, so three oclock I was back in.

Hardly a good shower; why don't I remember the previous cold non-productive nights and go to bed. My neck hurts even now.

It was completely overcast here...

thankfully.

Sponsored Links
Strewth that was cold out there. I went out about one oclock, the forecast was for the major part to be after two. I saw several, then prepared myself with multiple layers of clothing, snood, wooly hat, chair and cushion.

Why do they always do these at night?

Anyway, over the next hour and a half got about forty positive sightings and only about three were what I'd call exceptional, so three oclock I was back in.

Hardly a good shower; why don't I remember the previous cold non-productive nights and go to bed. My neck hurts even now.

It was cold wasn't it. I had a hat, scarf, gloves a coat and a dressing gown over the coat but 45 minutes was enough. Like you I saw plenty of meteors but only three or four that were very bright. Worth it though, one of the few occasions where it has been clear in my area.

I once drove over two hundred miles one night for a "meteor shower of a lifetime" and I still saw nothing.

Back