method of wiring lighting circuits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i read a post which was recently posted about a lighting circuit being wired from the c u as if it was a ring final circuit.

Can any one tell me would this have any benefits and any disadvantages. I can think of one myself, if a lable became loose and came out of its terminal it could cause a hazard and and no one would be the wiser as the light would continue to work.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the same can be said for any ring final circuit. But on the other hand with a lighting circuit only normally being rated at 6A you are not going to gain a lot by making it into a ring, just a waste of cable. For the expense of laying the additional cable you may as well make 2 lighting circuits.

Thanks spark123 it was just something that was stuck in my head for ages and i never asked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back