Micro genus error 2 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just added inhibitor to my system today, but the boiler is not coming on and says E 02 code.

I have looked this up and it relates to low pressure.

I have no leaks at all so assume the boiler needs bleeding. How do i bleed this boiler ?

The system was drained down the other week when i changed a rad. I have left it full for a week without inhibitor to check i don't have a leak. So all good and today added the inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
You need to INCREASE the pressure to about 1.5 bar.

See the FAQ for instructions if in doubt.

Tony

When the LP switch is old and there is dirt in the system then the LP switch can need more pressure and a bit of time to respond.

Thats why it is better not to keep depressurising the boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't give an error code at 1.2 bar, but basically, when you drained the system and then refilled it, there was air left in the system somewhere that has now cleared itself out via the automatic bleed valve in the boiler, and you just need to do a final top up. It'll be worth going round each rad to make sure there's no air moved into them.

Pressured to 2 today and still the same problem. I bled the rads again. My mate is coming tomorrow to look (corgi). It is probably the air pressure sensor which is blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back