MICRON 40FF FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps

Just wondered if any one is familier with the gloworn micron 40ff

it was fitted around 2000 , the problem is that the boiler will turn on and work as usual but after the heating gets hot and assuming it as satisfied the thermister setting it turns its self off, also the heating does not seem to be overheating at all.

the boiler will then lock out and will not start again even when reset and the lights on front of boiler start flashing

the two GREEN lights at the front of the boiler flash or light as as follows

left hand light flashes slowly and the right hand light is lit but steady

the boiler as had a new PCB two months ago and a new air pressure switch, also the pump and 3 port valve seem to be working ok for both heating and hot water

The boiler will kick back in again after a few hours when things go cold then it repeats over again.

my thoughts were the thermister or the over heat stat perhaps

thanks guys for any suggestions or help

Sponsored Links
I find over 75% of the time its the Thermister. There are 2 different types on this boiler, so ensure your RGI gets the right one.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
the two GREEN lights at the front of the boiler flash or light as as follows

left hand light flashes slowly and the right hand light is lit but steady

if i remember that points to a pcb error.

I seco services I think you are right about the lighting sequence it does normaly point to the PCB but with the boiler having a new PCB two months ago it would seem strange

And yes misterdubya it would perhaps make sense to change the thermister first as it is the far cheaper option

Thx to both for your help chaps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back