Microsoft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently "borrowed" a Windows XP home edition disc from a mate. Installed like a dream on my sisters new computer.

However, it then gave me 30 days to register it online. Tried various cracks and key changers, but none seemed to work. Sooo today we went down to pc world and bought windows xp home edition with SP2 at a cost of £179.99

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why are Microsoft products so expensive? I saw boxes of microsoft office on a shelf, stickered at £300 odd!

Is it any wonder people buy pirate software if they are so bloody expensive for the originals!?

Now, ill be back in a week while i reformat and reinstall windows on my sisters computer!

Sponsored Links
Crafty, you're not going to be happy with this!
;)
You can get the OEM version of XP Professional for about £90... this means you need to buy "non-peripheral hardware" at the same time, but you could just buy an extra bit of RAM or something for £25.

The reason they are expensive is thus: it costs a lot of money to develop and test a new operating system. People moaned when previous MS OS's crashed frequently, so MS put a lot of effort into XP. Now they moan it costs too much so they "borrow" copies which makes it more expensive than if everyone bought their own copy!

I don't know what proportion of the XP installations in the world are legit, but I would estimate 50% are copies. So there you go, £90 down to £45 if everyone was honest.

I bought XP pro for £25 and its the full version. The thing is to try and get the academic versions. These are given to schools etc and are a fraction of the retail version yet they are identical.

If you search for them on the web theres plenty of people with copies to sell.

Sponsored Links
if you use an xp disc to install onto a 2nd pc then the registration code won't work but if you phone the support number that comes up on the screen and tell the operator that you have changed the hard-drive on your pc then they will give you another code.

someone did this on my pc at home and it works fine.

all microsoft gear initially was stolen goods so if you can rob them then do so

crafty1289
Im really sorry you had problems with those cracks an serials , I will leave this link its a collection of sites to do with testing YOUR OWN SITE

http://www.lnkworld.com/security.shtml
halfway down on left is Security Links
click there about cracks an applying them
you will find everything you need over there regarding what you were asking ...
hope this helps you in future

btw some cracks/serial generators need to be unpacked in the Windows Directory NOt Program files
I know the Phozen crew usually have a good text doc in their zips telling you how to set up the crack

stop it now, your all depressing me. Might have to take my posts elsewhere . . .

I have some really BAD news for you..the copy you borrowed you could have activated over the net with Microsoft if it is a ligitimate copy.

I know this for a FACT, I have reinstalled and installed the same copy of XP Pro on numerous machines..in excess of 40....

You could have saved yourself £180!!

FWL_Engineer said:
I have some really BAD news for you..the copy you borrowed you could have activated over the net with Microsoft if it is a ligitimate copy.

I know this for a FACT, I have reinstalled and installed the same copy of XP Pro on numerous machines..in excess of 40....

You could have saved yourself £180!!

You sure that's not the enterprise version, which doesn't require activation? The home edition gives you 3 goes I think before a referral. It might be that the Pro version doesn't.

crafty1289 said:
I recently "borrowed" a Windows XP home edition disc from a mate. Installed like a dream on my sisters new computer.

However, it then gave me 30 days to register it online. Tried various cracks and key changers, but none seemed to work. Sooo today we went down to pc world and bought windows xp home edition with SP2 at a cost of £179.99

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why are Microsoft products so expensive? I saw boxes of microsoft office on a shelf, stickered at £300 odd!

Is it any wonder people buy pirate software if they are so b****y expensive for the originals!?

Now, ill be back in a week while i reformat and reinstall windows on my sisters computer!

you need to learn about torrents ! then it all becomes free

Sponsored Links
Back