Mid range boiler suggestions please.

And they still managed to make it a heap.

It works, it is efficient and it cost a lot less to buy than other makes with similar functionality.

You may think it is a heap. ( heap of what ? ) but then you may have a biased opinion based on various non technical aspects of boiler contruction, marketing and after sales service and repair.

Sponsored Links
How domestic condensing boilers have a copper heat exchanger?

I can think of only one (2 if you count rebranding) and it isn't strictly a boiler.

Based on my experience in industry ( control systems for food processing and electronics design and manufacturing )

So based on your experience of wiring a Magimix, you're able to judge that your Reno is as good as an Ecotec eh? Well done you :LOL:

experience of wiring a Magimix
Never wired a Magimix. Do they have heat exchangers ?

How domestic condensing boilers have a copper heat exchanger?
Isn't there one that has copper pipes running though pressure cast aluminium to form a dual metal exchanger, ( triple metal if you include the silver solder used to solder U bends onto the ends of the copper tubes after they are embedded in the aluminium )

Sponsored Links
By the sound of your post, you've had so many tradesmen round, everyone else in the UK will be indirectly paying for your small domestic job.

Do you always jump to conclusions that quickly ...... I was only going to get 2 quotes but because the first installer (who quoted for a Main with a 2 year warrant) was not very affable I decided to get 2 more quotes; second installer quoted with a Glow-worm Ultimate 30c (with 7 year warranty) and the third installer quoted for a Baxi Duo-tec 33 Boiler (with 7 year warranty) or with a Baxi Platinum 33 (with 10 year warranty). 3 quotes isn't unreasonable is it? .... especially as the first 2 came at it from completely different angles!

I think I will go with the Baxi guy as he seemed the most knowledgeable as well as being very likeable and I also feel he will give good follow up customer service.

Thanks everyone for contributing your thoughts.

Just go for main stream manufacturers with a good after care with direct engineers. Stick with Worcester Vaillant baxi and ideal. Ideal have a best seller in the ideal logic 7 year warranty and its proven over 5 years in the market. It's a good choice won all kinds of awards tgat the other 3 Manu and certinally intergalactic has not. Queens award just to name one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back