Miele Novo W842 Washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an elderly Miele W842 washing machine which has run perfectly for 17 years. Now the 'check inlet' light flashes on most washes, if I switch off and back on each time if flashes, 9 times out of 10 it will carry on and do the full cycle but occasionally it times out and empties the water - this happens on wash and first rinse cycles but NEVER on the final rinse.
I have checked hose and filters and flow up to the inlet valve is brilliant and suspect it is the inlet valve solenoid. I have the valve block off and run it into a measuring jug and the flow when on wash cycle is around 6 litres a minute - I am sure I read somewhere it should be much more.
Any suggestions please to confirm my suspicion?

Sponsored Links
Its been a while but does this machine go into service mode if you

• Dial at End, door shut power off
  • Hold short AND start and turn it on using the power button
and from memory cottons 95, cottons 75 and cottons 60 test the inlet valves.

Again from memory (I have not owned a W8XX for years) cottons 95 is prewash and cottons 75 is mainwash.

Ideally the water should come at the same rate.

I can't remember if you turn the dial and something happens or if you turn the dial and push start to make it happen.

You could pull the drawer out and have a peek while it happens but have a towel at the ready incase....

Thanks Rich, your memory serves you well! Spot on and confirms my suspicion, 95 and 60 the water gushes in but 75 it is a trickle, new pattern valve block on order.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back