Miele W865 washing machine

Appreciate your time on this.

Can't see 6k1 anywhere on the bottom right orange box, I guess that is a Miele part number? - it has Schrack, Austria, RT424012, 10A/250V AC, 12V-DC 8A/250V etc. Will open it up.

Sponsored Links
You are quite right! The relay has shorted and looks a mess inside. Will order replacement parts and try to find someone with soldering skills to put them in for me.
Will let you know how it goes.
Huge thanks for your help on this.

Ah, problem...which fuse?

Farnell have, for example, part numbers 1716625 and 1716626. Both are Littelfuse, 6.3a fuses, one has a data sheet, the other hasn't and they are slightly different prices. And that doesn't include the time delay ones.

The relay is no problem, the Schrack number is listed on the site.

Could you help with a part number or spec for the fuse please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link. I will get the anti-surge fuse because I can buy one whereas the ordinary fuse has a min order of 10.

Congratulations to you for remote fault-finding!

Hi zipper - a further question please:
Turns out I need a min order amount of £20 so I will get a new soldering iron to replace my old and knackered one. What would be best for sorting the Miele pcb?

You tried RS or Maplins for the fuse & relay? Not sure if they have a min order. Almost any 6.3A - 250v radial pcb fuse will do you but you need the right relay configuration. Soldering irons...hmmm? I like Weller but they are relatively expensive for a bench model. Thing you got to ask yourself is how much will you use it...or will you ever use it again? If maybe or no I would get a cheapie. You can see what you have to solder so the tip can't be too big. A de-soldering tool might also help, they are not expensive.

Maplins don't stock them and RS had a couple of relays with the same reference number. I decided to go with Farnell and get a new soldering iron. It's something I will use only occasionally, but my existing one is way past its best, so I'm quite happy to get a new one.

I didn't know about desoldering! I just cut up the relay carefully, removed one pin at a time, then applied the soldering iron again and wiggled a piece of wire in each hole while the solder cooled! Very crude, but the holes are clear, so will find out tomorrow whether it has worked.

Will let you know how it goes!

As good a way as any....
Hey, if I can manage it with my poor eyesight & moderate soldering skills you'll do just fine.
Once you get the old girl up & running it'll be something to be proud of :D

Hi zipper

Just posting to say the parts arrived today, fitted them and m/c now works like a dream! Also, earned multiple brownie points for fixing it at little cost, so a complete result!

Thank you for coaching me through the process. It's been good fun, tho' I hope it won't repeat for a while.

Best regards
Henpecked1

Hi Zipper,

I don't know if you're up for another challenge, but the bloody machine has died again!!

When the machine is started, it works fine for a while but then it stops and the Rinse light comes on.

Do you know what causes this please?

Regards
Henpecked1

I guess your brownie points got docked then :LOL:
Rinse light flashing indicates a fault in the motor circuit or pcb. Check all the things mentioned earlier...brushes worn/stuck in their holders, broken/shorted wire on the motor plug, etc. Also check your soldering on 6k1 for bad joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back