Mini Ideal c24 boiler only provides hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We only moved in to our house a few months ago our boiler was working properly till last week. The radiator in one of the room was not working properly so we let the air out from that radiator and after that the radiator and the heating and hot water as well worked properly. the following morning there was no hot water but the main the boiler was turned on properly the green switch was flashing every 2 seconds just when we opened the hot tap the boiler would light up for 10 seconds and than stop so we reset it plenty time and we ended up switching off the main switch for about an hour and when e restarted it worked properly for 5-6 days. Yesterday we did not have hot water again and in order to have hot water we had to switch on a heating and after a few mins we had hot water as well. Today again we had hot water so i thought happy days but when i tried to switch on the heating it just did not want to work. when i open the hot water tap i can hear the boiler is working but when i switch on the heating nothing happenes. I realized a few weeks ago that the water bar is just under 1 bar which i know should not be but I did not find a switch or a tap the turn to fix that. Does anyone have a clue what is the problem with our boiler? Unfortunately I am not an expert and as i said sometimes it works sometimes it does not but I got no clue what to do about it...I live in Luton so if anyone know any good corgi engineer who would not rip me off as just before Christmas we are brokes....:S
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for your helps!

Sponsored Links
could be the diverter valve just changed one and been on this forum for help myself ,inside the boiler on the left is the diverter valve see if when you put the hot tap on the pin in the valve touches the microswitch its on a plastic see through connector ,im no expert but it might help if u have the manual good luck and make sure you bleed all the radiators this will stop your boiler starting up it happened to me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back