Mini run-flats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to change my Minis run-flats to "normal" tyres. I will buy a spare wheel as i do not like the spray in type of puncture fix kits.

So, can it be done still using the same wheels: 195 55 16 and if so what tyres should i go for?
pete

Sponsored Links
Good move getting shot of the run flats
As for a replacement Goodyear GSD3's are a nice compromise.
but that size there are loads of options

Sponsored Links
Thanks Stivino, thats great link to some useful information.

BMW / Mini say it can be changed but point out that if the car has TLC it will not be covered in this part of the checks made during a service. I have now read that lots of others have changed from R/Fs to normal and the ride is said to be better.

Others please do add to this thread just like stuart and stivino as it all paints a bigger and better picture.
pete

I run a Mini Cooepr S Conv and it has runflats. Once they wear out I will be switching to normals as they are crap.

Friend of mine has already switched and the ride and grip are so much better. I have 17" wheels and due to the stiff side walls they follow every dip in the road (tramlining). Only way to reduce this is to run them at higher pressures, mine are at 33lbs.

Only problem is with the conv I will have to rely on the tyreweld cans as a wheel will never fit in the boot!

Great car though.

R.

Back