Mira 9Kw Sports - temperature control unstable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thermostat on my Mira Sport 9 Kw seems to have died. Can I replace it? The shower must be 5/6 yr old at least.

Roger,

Sponsored Links
mira sports don't have thermostats.

whats wrong with the shower to think a stat has failed ?

It's impossible to regulate the temperature - either very hot or too cold with no adjustment. This is a recent phenomenon.

you need to check
when the shower on 1 it should be powerful flow when on 10 will be no more than a dribble.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't have a 1 - 10 dial, rather a dial going from blue circles at 8.00 round to emphatic red circles at 4.00. It does have stron flow on the blue side diminishing as I turn the dial round to red. It doesn't trickle but it does lose significant force. On red it's scalding hot and seems to operate in pulses of water rather than an even flow.

There's no graduation of temperature. It's cold round to about 1.00 on the dial and hot from there on.

This is on high power. There's a little bit more control on medium and low.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Roger.

you say it's also pulsing that gave me another answer i'm looking for.

all points to a faulty flow valve.
retail about £35

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back