Mira ATL Shower - Leaking After Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

This forum is great - I try to read stuff in the garden section once a week but thought I might dip my toe and ask a few questions - Be gentle please - I dont like it rough and ready !!!

To cut a long story short - Hubby installed a second hand Mira ATL advance shower on weekend and it turns out that it is leaking from the bottom oif the case -

The waterpipe is screwed tight and the shower does produce hot water but it leaks just next to where you would screw in the shower hose.

I can post pictures tonight when I get indoors but the shower is basically this one

http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/online...c showers&resultPageKey=316145834-0&category=

I have read a little about pressure relief valave and a ball bearing somewhere ?? But am confused

Is it worth repairing this or should I bon it and get a new one - Seems a shame as the shower is in good nick and has not had much use

Hope this is the right section for my questions and sorry if its an easy one!!!

Sponsored Links
It's worth repairing, give Mira a call, they're friendly.
There's often a valve which can "blow" if the water is suddenly turned off, so it boils, steams, pops...

There's often a valve which can "blow" if the water is suddenly turned off, so it boils, steams, pops...

I did call them but they were trying to get an engineer to come round and service it at a cost of 119!!

Are plumbase any good and are they helpful if I take the unit in - Would it help if i posted pics of the unit ?

Sponsored Links
Rather than messing around taking an old second hand shower off the wall again, take it down to plumbase... just go to plumbase and buy a new shower !!

I did call them but they were trying to get an engineer to come round and service it at a cost of 119!!

Are plumbase any good and are they helpful if I take the unit in - Would it help if i posted pics of the unit ?

You could buy a new one for under £100 (At a DIY Shed) and that would be garanteed for two years !

You could buy a new one for under £100 (At a DIY Shed) and that would be garanteed for two years !

What diy shed? I do not think you can get a mira for 100 pounds or can you>?

What diy shed? I do not think you can get a mira for 100 pounds or can you>?

This one 9 KW is £112, which is £7. cheaper than the repair quoted by the engineer and is garanteed two years,
It will only be the Engineers replacement part that would be under garantee if repaired.
108-8322962SSUC1405046T.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back