Mira electric shower overtemp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says i've got a mira sport 10.8kw electric shower and I keep getting the overtemp light coming on.Water pressure hasn't changed any ideas?????

Sponsored Links
Hi,

a friend of mine had a similar problem and it was the cable size that was too small. Do you know what size cable you are using?

Thanks for quick reply but its been running for about four years so think the cable is ok. :D :D

Have you descaled the head recently?

And I don't mean just the outside of it - generally the only way is disassembly, so that you can remove the loosened debris that otherwise sits inside the head.

Sponsored Links
Er, what? Are you asking me if you're getting good flow? :confused:

Softus said:
Have you descaled the head recently?

And I don't mean just the outside of it - generally the only way is disassembly, so that you can remove the loosened debris that otherwise sits inside the head.

I was saying yes I've cleaned the head and i'm getting good flow through it.

I have the same problem. Water flow excellent (unchanged) - flow is too good to suggest that it is the head that needs descaling. Overheat comes on when Medium or High setting.

Power cable to the unit is a big fat cable ... cooker size. Not a problem of power as it has worked for years too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back