Mira shower - low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mira sport shower and for a while the low pressure light has been coming on, turning the water cold. It's been happening more often and now the low pressure light stays on and the water is cold all the time. I've turned the shower to cold and switched it on. The cold water comes through pretty fast but reduces in pressure as soon as the heat is turned up. Can anyone give me any advice?

Sponsored Links
If you're getting good flow with a cold setting, it means that the inlet valve works, so you should be getting good flow through the heater can. However, if the low pressure sensor mistakenly senses a low pressure coming out of the valve, it will prevent electricity heating the water because it "thinks" the water is not passing through the can quickly enough.

Therefore, your problem is with the low pressure sensor. It might need to be reset or changed.

Phone Triton; they're good with advice about spares, etc.

Thanks kev. Do you have a phone number for Triton?

I appreciate your thanks but you could have gone to Google, keyed "triton" and found these pages on their website:

After sales service page:

quote:
Fault Diagnosis
Call us on 024 7637 2222 (Monday-Thursday: 8am to 6pm, Friday: 8am to 5pm. Saturday 9am to 12 noon)

Click on Shower Doctor to access our fast-response email service for technical enquiries for electric, mixer and power showers.

Click on Trouble Shooter for help answering queries which crop up either during, or after installation. This section contains suggested solutions to many frequently asked questions.
unquote.

Spares service page:

quote:
Same day despatch and approx 2.5% discount for spare parts

Triton's commitment to providing customers with first class service includes a fast and efficient Spares Ordering Service.

Our aim is that all orders received by 3:00pm (Mon-Fri) will be despatched on that same day, ensuring speedy delivery to our customers and we are able to offer a saving of approximately 2.5% to internet customers due to administration cost savings, which we are able to pass on.

A comprehensive guide to selecting and ordering the correct part is available in this section via our on-line secure parts ordering service. Alternatively, phone Triton Spares direct on 024 7637 2222 (Mon-Thu 8-6, Fri 8-5, Sat 9-1).

To look for a part, select and click on a product from the list. You will then be able to view a parts list and parts diagram for the product. To order a part by email, simply click on a part from the list and complete the order form.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE WITHIN THE UK.
unquote.

not only do you get advice on the web, you get telephone numbers, too ;)

Virtually all major suppliers are now on the web.

Sponsored Links
Descale the shower head - you might get a pleasant surprise.

kevnurse said:
approx 2.5% discount for spare parts

Obviously based in Yorkshire, then! :LOL:

No offence intended. I spent 6 years at school in Yorkshire, so feel almost a native...

securespark said:
No offence intended. I spent 6 years at school in Yorkshire, so feel almost a native...
Well I hope you washed your hands on the way out. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back