Mira Sport 10.8kw Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed......my Mira Sport Shower has started turning itself off when I switch it on. It doesn't seem to matter which power setting I choose (High, Medium or Low) within 10 secs it just stops, as though you have pressed the stop button. I have contacted Mira to ask their advice and they weren't really very helpful. They said it would be difficult to say without looking at it, and asked if I wanted to book for an engineer to come out and look at it....but at £145.00 this isn't an option. All I want, is for somebody to just point me in the direction that it could be. Water does come out when I switch it on, so I dont think it could be a plumbing problem.....I think that it may be an electrical problem, being that it switches itself off. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
First port of call would be get the solenoid coil checked for resistance in it's failed state. Should be 3.4 kohms or above.

Are there any other clues? When it turns itself off does a low pressure light come on?

Do you have a separate switch with a red light on it (a pull cord for instance) and does that go off? I'm just wondering if it could be a fault in the wiring rather than the shower??

no other lights come on, i.e. low pressure light etc....it does have a separate switch but this has also been checked and its fine

Sponsored Links
no other lights come on, i.e. low pressure light etc....it does have a separate switch but this has also been checked and its fine

Sounds like an internal fault then. If it is under warranty they should fix it for free but be warned: if it's something else, they will charge you the full price. If you have had the shower for a while, it might just be better to buy a new one, unless you know someone who might be able to fix it.

unfortunately getting a new one isn't an option.....the one I have at the moment is all tiled in, so to take it out would be very difficult and would need a few tiles taking out....I dont really want to do this, as my husband put the shower in and my husband was killed 12 months ago in a motorcycle accident....and it isn't under warranty. Its quite annoying because I know that if my husband was here he would be able to fix it, he was a precision engineer/toolmaker and there was literally nothing he couldn't do..........going off what other people have said and watching videos on the internet, I have decided to buy a new solenoid (which only cost £7.00) and im quite confident of replacing it myself. So hopefully that will do the trick.......it cant be any worse :)

unfortunately getting a new one isn't an option.....the one I have at the moment is all tiled in, so to take it out would be very difficult and would need a few tiles taking out....I dont really want to do this, as my husband put the shower in and my husband was killed 12 months ago in a motorcycle accident....and it isn't under warranty. Its quite annoying because I know that if my husband was here he would be able to fix it, he was a precision engineer/toolmaker and there was literally nothing he couldn't do..........going off what other people have said and watching videos on the internet, I have decided to buy a new solenoid (which only cost £7.00) and im quite confident of replacing it myself. So hopefully that will do the trick.......it cant be any worse :)

That's fair enough. Didn't know you were handy with a tool kit so £7 is worth a go.

Very sorry to hear about your husband. His knowledge has obviously rubbed off on you. I'm sure if you have any problem, he will guide you through it. Good luck.

thanks very much for your kind words Squeaky......yes, a few things have rubbed off on me, I just know that he wouldn't of given up with it......if something was broke he could fix it, even if something was a so called 'sealed unit'....he could get in it and fix it.....and if anything needed a new part and he couldn't find the part, he would make it.......life's been tough for me and my son

I can only imagine how difficult it has been for you.
Please come back and let us know how you get on with the repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back