Mira Sport 7.5kW shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, the shower head continually leaked when shower was off, then there was a little drip of water coming from the bottom of the unit, then one night my GF was running the basin tap and when she switched that off there was a scream from the shower and water pouring from the unit!!! i switched the water off, then found the shower isolation screw thing on the supply pipe and quarter turned that, the water i switched back on for general use. I took the front of the unit off and saw that the inlet bracket was broken slightly and the connection to the shower unit not brilliant. I found a replacement saddle clamp and fitted it. now the pressure is really low and the water doesn't get hot!!!

Will this have been caused by water ruining the unit? Will i need a new shower or just a plumber??

Please help - we are starting to smell!

Sponsored Links
Have you checked your fuses/circuit breakers? Any lights showing on the unit?
There comes a point where the cost of replacement bits for these exceeds a replacement shower.

OwainDIYer - thanks for the reply, there are no lights on the unit at all. Do you mean circuit breakers/fuses within the shower unit or in my main electrics?

i checked the main fuses and they all seem in place and correct.

some photos to help...

Attachments

• WP_001396.jpg
    WP_001396.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 196
  • WP_001397.jpg
    WP_001397.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 182
  • WP_001398.jpg
    WP_001398.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 209
  • WP_001399.jpg
    WP_001399.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
On the main electrics. With all the water squirting about something may have tripped.

I had that exact shower and that exact bit broke. £10 for a new bit or £35 for a new shower on offer from B&Q.

There might be debris in the inlet valve of the shower or the isolatibg valve might not be fully open causing the low flow.

i have opened the isolator vavle as much as it will go - that wouldn't explain the lack of heat in the water - all fuses look ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back