Mira Sport Electric Shower leaking whilst switched off

hl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Was brushing my teeth in the bathroom this morning when I heard a loud pop from the shower, and then water started leaking out of it quite aggressivley. The shower is a Mira electric sport shower from approximately 12 years ago. I gave it a test to see if it still runs, and it does run as normal, apart from the water leaking out of the bottom. I have switched off the power to it, and isolated the water.

My question is, do I start on the fault finding/plumber route, or is this type of problem from a 12 year old unit simply a case of replace with new?

I have not got the manual, and cannot find it online, so cannot tell from that whether this comes under the easily fixable category.

Thanks All for looking

H

PS. CANNOT LOAD IMAGE AT PRESENT, BUT IT IS THIS MODEL

Sponsored Links
Is the water still constantly leaking from the unit while shower off ?
What model sport is it are the dials on the cover vertical or horizontal ?

You need to remove the cover to give us an idea where the waters coming from.
The early sport is totally different inside to the later sport
12 yrs ago was just before the sport design changed.

It is the same model as the one in this post (sorry cannot get the pic uploaded from this computer).

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=273686

Yes, the water still leaks constantly when turned off. It was turned off when it actually happened.

Cannot get to the shower right now to take the cover off, but will do later.

Thanks Seco

When you say water leaking out of it do you mean the casing ?
That's the later model.

Sponsored Links
Its coming out of the bottom, from the inside. Can't actually see the egress point yet without taking the cover off.

I got the same shower as your and I bet it's coming from the spilt clamp that hold the joint between inlet elbow and flow control.

Open the cover and see.

Dan.

Yes danny, you are right. The plastic has cracked and the water is flooding out of that point. It does not look repairable. I think I am going to replace it. What model Mira will provide an exact replacement, including dimensions? Any ideas anyone? Its fitted flush on the right hand side to a wall so I have no room to play with.

best bet would be to buy a mira sport inlet clamp bracket for a few quid , not hard to fit. ebay

best bet would be to buy a mira sport inlet clamp bracket for a few quid , not hard to fit. ebay

It depend if the back one has not spilt as well.

hl, Mira sell latest Mira sport, so there may be some existing stock left in shops.

Dan.

It did look like it was leaking out of the back as well, so I think replacing with a new shower is going to be the way ahead. Hopefully I can find an old Mira Sport thats still new and working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back