Mira Sport electric shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our shower has started to cut out. After being switched on it runs for about 5 secs then stops, but will comtinue to run if you hold the start/stop button in.

I think it's probably a switch fault and was wondering if it's easy to replace? I've had the cover off, but the latched switch seems to be integral/attached with the flow assembly etc. Do I need to take it all out to replace or does it come away with the rest in situ?

Many thanks, TT

Sponsored Links
Can I assume from the lack of replies that people don't tend to repair electric showers? :(

It seems a shame to replace £165 worth of shower for the sake of a £2.50 switch!!

it's not that people don't tend to fix them, it's that they don't understand them.

we get a lot of calls from customers that have had plumbers in to locate a fault on an electric shower and get fobbed off with the same answer that it's knackered get a new one.
when in simple terms they don't know where to start and how to do tests on certain parts of the shower to test for faults.

if you have diagnosed it to be a fault with the main switch.
it is called a latching switch and they can be brought seperate and are simple to fit.

Thanks for that! Thought I was going mad!!

You wouldn't happen to know if I have to take all the flow valve assembly out to change it or not?

Really appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
never had a switch go on one of these but im sure you can pop the switch out the front.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back