Mira Sport Max (electric shower) whining / squealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed this shower myself the other day (all the plumbing and electrics were already in place, I just bought a flexible hose to join the mains water outlet with the shower inlet, as it was positioned differently in the previous installation), and while the shower works fine, it produces an annoying whining / squealing noise. It is possible to get rid of the noise by turning the temperature knob one way or the other half an inch or so, but unfortunately, the noise seems the worst at the most comfortable settings (on High, and the temperature dial on about 1 o'clock). The flow of water seems fine, the temperature control is fine, the buttons work fine, basically, everything seems ok - but why is it making this noise?

Can anyone offer advice as to what the cause of this might be, and is there anything I can do to try and fix this?

Many thanks in advance,

Vlad.

Sponsored Links
Hi Vlad

I have exactly the same problem. I've asked by plumber to look at it - will let you know the answer.

Hi Vlad

Now I havent tried this yet but Mira say that it is air in the flow valve.

The solution is to run the shower with the head off for 3-4 mins and the pipe hanging down to the floor. Start with the temp at full cold and slowly move it through to full hot.

This they reckon will clear it. As I say I'm yet to try.

Good luck
Mira Showers 0870 241 0888

Tim

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply and those tips, i'll give that a go tonight, fingers crossed!

the hose isn't kinked, although, when i was installing it, it did kink at one point, but i "un-kinked" it... but i'm not sure if that one "kinking" could've permanently damaged it??

you're probably right, the diameter of the inner bore might be smaller - so what is the correct inner bore diameter then?

yes, i bought it off ebay from a guy who says he bought it in error and had never taken it out of the box. it did look and feel brand new, both on the inside and the outside, although i did notice a few droplets of water come out of it as i was handling it... is this normal (presumably they get tested in factory), or was i conned and sold a previously used unit as new?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back