mira sport shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone, i have a mira sport shower in the house we have just moved into, it was working fine but suddenly it has started going cold and the low flow light illuminates, if i remove the shower head the shower works normally and as soon as i replace the shower head it goes cold with the light coming on again, there a, but that may just be me, i would love to know if this problem is repairable without spending lots of money on a plumber who is going to charge me £65.00 just to knock on my door

Sponsored Links
what yr is it give us a pic.

try descaling the showerhead.
if you leave the shower running does it cycle hot/cold ?

what yr is it give us a pic.

try descaling the showerhead.
if you leave the shower running does it cycle hot/cold ?

hi thank you for your reply, I think its about 8 years old, i will try a pic later, i will descale the head, it starts ok warms up lovely and then the low flow clicks on and then the water is cold, it doesnt cycle as far as i can tell

Sponsored Links
when i know what one you have i will explain. ;)

are your 2 dial vertical or horizontal ?

isolate the elecy/water supply.
remove cover.
on the left is where the water pipe go's into the inlet.
on the oppersite site is a black plastic nut, remove that it's the filter.
clean and replace.

isolate the elecy/water supply.
remove cover.
on the left is where the water pipe go's into the inlet.
on the oppersite site is a black plastic nut, remove that it's the filter.
clean and replace.

Hi, thanks for the instructions, sorry for delay, was at work, I did as you explained but still the same, at first it was running brilliant and i thought it was sorted then was running hot and cold then a minute or 2 later it lit up low flow and went cold

When i ran it with the shower head off it was good, i put the shower head on and it went silly after about 20-30 seconds :confused:

ps i do appreciate your input

I am starting to look at replacemen t units on ebay, just confused about some being 9.0v some being 10.0v others 9.8v
wondering if they would actually fit,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back