mirror demisting panel

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Linky no worky?
Yes, no works because you linked to the m.screwfix site which doesn't work on big boy's computers.

Anyways. are you referring to the description where it says
Wires can be connected to light switch to save energy.
:?: :?:

Well, I could connect it to the light switch in my bathroom and it would work just fine. (Post back and ask my why).

In any case it also says
All wiring should be done by a qualified electrician in accordance with IEE regulations.

So a
novice DIYer
should not be undertaking this work??

I just imagined someone connecting into a switch with no neutral present and then wondering why it doesn't work. We all know people undertake DIY work regardless of their competency.

It would work, just less efficiently, and the lights would glow dimly with teswitch off. :LOL:

It could be worded better. But Screwfix and most of the electrical retail space call 12v lamps "low voltage", so there's a lot to fix, if you fancy a crusade.

The big benefit is that failed DIY projects are money spinners for the average sparky. Happy Days :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As a (slight) aside, I was considering they way my mirror demist panel is connected in my bathroom.

It is indeed fed from the lights, so it is only on when the lights are on.

My second thought was that the lights in the bathroom are controlled by a dimmer which of course also has the demist panel as a load. But it works just fine. :D

PS the extract fan starts up just fine with the dimmer output as the trigger too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back