mist coat and paint for kitchen and bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

Just had my kitchen and bathroom boarded and plastered.

I don't like shiny or sheened walls so can I use normal emulson paint for a mist coat, and then would it be fine to then use normal white emulson for the ceilings and dulux diamond matt for the walls? If not what would you recommend?

Many thanks

Marth

Sponsored Links
All sounds fine.

i normally recommend against diamond matt for ceilings as no one ever washes them.

Assuming that you have a decent extractor fan in the bathroom then you don't need to use waterbased eggshell.

If condensation is an issue than you might need eggshell on the ceiling. It should be high enough not to notice the sheen.

alternatively if you want a really flat finish in the bathroom then go for dead flat oil, it will yellow though.

Yes I agree, to be honest I have applied Diamond Matt to both kitchens and bathrooms. Customers' always right and who are my to argue.

I really don't see a problem myself providing you have adequate ventilation, and condensation and mould growth is not a current problem.

Dec.

Sponsored Links
Thats brilliant. Thanks both. No mould or condensation in either rooms, so will do with those then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back